Firefly☆Garden

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

love.

4 posters

The Critiqueing Corner

cantispandabearx
    cantispandabearx
    Admin

The Critiqueing Corner Empty The Critiqueing Corner

Post  cantispandabearx Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:23 am

This Topic is inspired by GrannyGin <3

This topic will be for members who are looking for critiques on covers, lines, or just general advice about singing, mixing, or animating Very Happy

This will be a nice little haven for one to put out a work in progress and get some honest feedback without being flamed or getting sugar coated answers.

Now, this sort of subject can get a bit personal so here are some rules to follow in order to keep this topic constructive and positive!

Rules:

1. Crits. should be followed with advice for improvement

2. Give feedback saying something positive and something this person can work on

3. Give reasons and explanations as to why you do not like something or why the
    singer/mixer/animator should do something differently.

4. posts that say "OMG SO GOOD!" or "OMG THIS SUCKS WTFARTS?!" are highly discouraged as they are both unhelpful :/

5. Bottom line, be nice,keep it real, keep it fresh. =w=v

6. Rules will be added as seen fit.

So don't be afraid to post up your lines here! or songs that you're working on for advice! It doesn't have to be singing, it could be a mix, a piece of animation, or just general advice about dubbing Very Happy Let's all help eachother succeed!
    Mitsuru
    Mitsuru
    Admin

The Critiqueing Corner Empty Re: The Critiqueing Corner

Post  Mitsuru Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:37 am

Ooh, this is a good idea actually. Very Happy

I know I need aloooot of constructive advice so I can improve a lot. My new years resolution is to become a better person, and dubber. And also to be more social and confident! :3 so I'll have to post some covers in the future. I'll do anything to improve and be one of the best. *A*7 hopefully this topic doesn't help just me, but everyone here. <3 thank you and Gin for mentioning something like this.
    GrannyGin
    GrannyGin

Post  GrannyGin Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:09 pm

Awh, you gaiz give me too much credit. ;//w//;

But I think this is a really good thread. <33 I barely get critique on my singing, so this makes me very happy. Q w Q <33

I'm ready to give critique. BRING THE VIDEOS ON. >8D //brick'd
    -ying-
    -ying-

Post  -ying- Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:45 am

OOO! let me be the first!!! but i'm posting a duet cover instead of a line >_<~ it's alright right? >_<~~~

i'm seeking advice!!! especially for my mixing and vocals!!!! videos too, perhaps... but i want to work harder on improving my mixing and vocals first~~~ >_<~ yoroshiku onegaishimasu!!!! be honest! >Very Happy lol
    cantispandabearx
    cantispandabearx
    Admin

Post  cantispandabearx Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:28 pm

Aw this is very cute... My beef with the video is that you didn't label who is luka and who is miku Sad so for ppl who aren't familiar with your voice or nagi's voice they won't be able to to tell who is who. Unless that what you want so that they click on your channels and listen to others cover to figure it out. Which in that case, props. lol.

I think for the mic quality that you had to work with, the mix isn't too bad. Be careuful with timing. I think what this needed was a bit more work tight timing which is like.. timing from syllable to syllables. It's difficult cuz you still wanna maintain the human tonality that differ us from the vocaloid, but perhaps next time maybe try playing with that a bit more. Also maybe playing with EQ will help the 'Miku' (idk which one is you) mic tone sound less muffled, by raising the treble and high mids. Very Happy Also don't be afraind to play with panning. Panning is like.. what goes through the left speaker and what goes through the right. Depending on the program you use, you can play around with it for more balance or cool surround effect. For example, The aah's at the end could have used some panning to give it more presence and blend with the instrumental. But this is my humble opinion on that.

Singing wise, the voices are very lovely and the type of voices should blend harmoniously together. Really.. the only problem with singing is the breathing, which is often the problems i see with most singers. And it is a problem i have myself. The reason why notes are shaky is because we simply don't have enough oxygen in our lungs for our diaphragm to push out.Also there were some flats notes, not gonna lie, so that is an issue you have to figure out by just doing more takes or sitting at a piano/keyboar (if you have one) and going up the scale to find that note. But other then that, it was basically in key and really the only other issue is timing which i think is probably more of something one could fix through mixing. Although getting the time right vocally helps too ;D

overall, good job Very Happy and i hoped this helped xD;
    -ying-
    -ying-

Post  -ying- Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:17 am

>_<~~~ aa~ sorry bout that T_T~~~ Miku is Nagi while i'm Luka there >_<~

nee, one question... ;__; what's EQ??? <---still pretty new to mixing >_<

*nods nods* 8D *jots down some notes in a notebook* IT REALLY HELPS!!!!! *tears of joy* THANK YOU XJ_90~~~<3 *huggles*
    cantispandabearx
    cantispandabearx
    Admin

Post  cantispandabearx Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:37 am

EQ is your equalizer. What program are you using for mixing?
    -ying-
    -ying-

Post  -ying- Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:58 am

the only one i know of is audacity ;__; is it any good??? >_<?
    cantispandabearx
    cantispandabearx
    Admin

Post  cantispandabearx Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:30 am

-ying- wrote:the only one i know of is audacity ;__; is it any good??? >_<?

From what i hear it gets the job done? But most use it more as a recording program rather then a mixing program. Try and look for EQ under the tools menu or something. Idr whether or not audacity has EQ, i'm pretty sure it does... cuz i know there is a tutorial on he YTC forum about how to do a basic mix with audacity and it explains a bit about the importance of EQ
    -ying-
    -ying-

Post  -ying- Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:50 am

aa~ it has!!! >w<~~~ i think i really need to watch/read lotsa lotsa tutorial >_>~ thank you lots and lots again XJ_90!!!!!>w<~~~~

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:00 pm